Holidays bring about the best and worse in everyone. Are you filled with joy or pain having to do Christmas or Hanukkah shopping, house decorating, attending parties, and visiting family within a short period of time?
The average Entrepreneur’s mind is already spinning with these things, plus all of what they have to do to keep their business afloat or rockin’ during the holidays. These times can often sneak up on us all, and when they do, we often find that money starts flying out the door for gifts, networking events, and cooking family’s favorite dishes.
It is easy to feel overwhelmed with family obligations during these times when they compete with the income that sustains us. In fact, it can be downright draining, which which leads to a lack of stamina in sticking with what needs to be done to keep your business growing through the holidays. So we often see a downturn in business, particularly for entrepreneurs who are trying to make it on their own and have too little time to accomplish everything that needs to be done during this busy season.
However, if you are a business owner, entrepreneur, or sales professional, I am living proof that there are still some things you can do to attract more of your ideal clients during the holiday season and make it work for you. Below is a quick breakdown of time-tested strategies I use to make an impact helping others for the holidays, while also attracting my ideal clients.
Tip #1: Call Old Clients
- Express gratitude for the relationship you have and the work you have done together throughout the year;
- Let them know that you are offering a holiday special, a percentage of your normal services if they know anyone else who might be a good fit. Then ask the question that most people forget… “Who else do they know that might be a good fit for this service?” This question alone can bring in more qualified leads, fast!
- Gladly offer them a referral fee should anyone move forward with you;
- Or simply send a quick text or email to let someone know that you are thinking about them. It will be remembered and spark communication.
Tip #2: Connect with New Prospects
- Send someone you want to work with a holiday card stating, “Looking forward to working with you in 2016!”
- Research your prospect through social media and google and find out something they are interested in. Next, send a special card or gift for the holidays;
- Attend as many holiday parties as you can. You never know who you are going to meet. People are normally in a happy mood and it’s a great time to build a relationship.
Tip #2: Create Holiday Specials
- Give your prospects a reason to BUY NOW – Create your own holiday specials. Perhaps you bundle a couple of your offerings that end at the end of January;
- Give discounts on your current solutions;
- Survey a crowd on social media or via your email lists do a giveaway for an upcoming program or something else that you will be launching in the new year;
- Gift baskets at networking events. The caveat – don’t just blindly give everyone free gifts with your card in the bag, since these will either be thrown away or not used. Have people at the networking event put their name or business card in your card basket, and then you draw a winner, and keep the information. OR, ask a question of the crowd gauging interest, and get their card before you gift them your “prize” and a complementary session. These two pieces fill your lead funnel and/or better qualifying prospects upfront who are interested in what you do.
These are my quick tips, and I’m curious what else have you done over the holiday season to attract your ideal clients and get more business? We want to hear! Share, like, and post your comments below!